Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cakes to Bake


Last summer I got engaged and decided to pursue my love of cake making. Yes, I decided to make my own wedding cake. My mom and I started to experiment with fondant and different kinds of icings. It was quite the experience and many times a failure. We continued to practice and I took cake decorating classes, and magically the cakes became so much better. As the wedding date neared my parents' house became full of cakes, and our waistlines expanded. It was a very exciting time and when I tell people that I made my own wedding cake they think that I am really crazy, but honestly it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it and making cakes it truly a wonderful experience, and has added to my love of cooking.

The Beautiful Wedding Cake

The Handsome Groom's Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment