Saturday, November 20, 2010

Proper Etiquette

This week in my foods class we talked about proper etiquette, which I lack greatly. We learned about proper ways to set the table and act during a meal, and our teacher also mentioned how you are supposed to butter each piece of bread you eat individually. I think that is a bit crazy. Besides, I don't have enough plates to give everyone butter so they can all butter each piece individually. Anyways, my point with this post comes in teaching students. Many students today don't even know the basics of proper etiquette, which makes my job as a FACS major very important. My foods teacher this past week had us set the table all nice and cute, which is something I think would be important and fun to do in junior high or high school. Teenagers need to be taught proper manners for eating and they need to learn to eat at the dinner table. I am grateful for the insight I gained this week about this very important idea that I usually make fun of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment