Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful and I was completely stuffed by the time I was done eating. My husband and I went to his parents' house for dinner this year and it was a lot of fun. It was great for me to see the traditions/rituals that other families have for the holidays. For dinner we had turkey, obviously, but I didn't eat any. I don't really care for meat that much. We also had two different kinds of sweet potatoes. One was a smashed up sweet potato with a nut crust and the other was marshmallow sweet potatoes. I really liked the sweet potatoes with a nut crust. My family only makes the marshmallow kind, so it was fun to try something different. We also had very poofy rolls, which were very good. There was a good salad and vegetable casserole as well as onion and regular mashed potatoes. The whole spread was very delicious! I am grateful for the time we get to spend together as family and enjoy good and new kinds of food. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment